Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Is It Okay To Say "I Can't"?

Yesterday was Day One of four days that we've set aside, as a family, to seek the Lord. There's been a lot of silence among our prayer time and singing, but God is working. After dinner last night we took time to look through a list of 49 character qualities and their definitions, and pick out the three for each person that we thought they would benefit most from. This morning was the revealing, haha. I had a couple of duplicates, so now I have a list of 13 character qualities that I am lacking in. (and no, I'm not going to share them on here, haha.) I'm so glad it's not up to me to change in these areas! I can't do it! But I know Who can!! :0)

Yesterday an advertisement came in the mail for the Christian bookstore. I did a quick glance-through and came across a t-shirt which provoked a double-take. In big letters it said,


The
HOLY
SPIRIT

Then below, in smaller letters it said,

You can do it,
He will help.

Oh what freedom we would find if we could admit that we can't do it! We can't do anything right. (Jn. 15:5) We can't live the Christian life. I really like this quote by Ian Thomas:

Only Christ can live the Christian life -
He never said we could;
He always said He would!

So where does that leave us? It leaves us FREE!! In admitting that we can't, and in surrendering to the One who can.

Thank You, Abba! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment