Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Such Love

While at a prayer meeting this morning a friend shared a story from Joel Rosenberg's book "Inside The Revolution". God is doing some AMAZING things in the Muslim world, but this story really touched me. Now if I can remember it correctly . . . ;0)


An elderly lady was watching Satellite TV, apparently seeking the Lord. During the program Revelations 3:20 was quoted, "Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him...". Well, this lady didn't know that it was a figure of speech and she thought she better get up and open the door for Jesus. And when she did . . . . she found Jesus standing there! I don't remember all that He told her, but to follow Him, to get a Bible and read it, and to be baptised. And then He was gone.

What struck me about this story, though, was God's amazing, incredible love. The verse wasn't talking about the literal door to her house, but in her ignorant, seeking faith, God showed up anyway. Oh the love of the Saviour . . . .

:0)

PS - If you have Netflix you can rent a DVD of stories like this that they show on Satellite TV over there...simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment