Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Highlight From My Week . . .

I just have to share this story from camp . . .

Yesterday was our lake day - a day at Howard Prairie with the canoes and house boat. We had to stop and hook up the trailer with the canoes as we were leaving. I parked "my" van and ran over to help . . .


. . . We tried everything but we couldn't get the hitch to go on the ball. We lifted it up to look inside, slammed it down, jumped on it, drove forwards, then backwards . . . NOTHING worked. We thought about calling our caretaker, but he was already at the lake with the houseboat. I guess the director had offered to hook it up before he left, but we told him it was okay. There were simply no men to help us! . . . . So we prayed.

Then I got the ideas to check the size of the ball and make sure it wasn't too big. Nope, it was right. So I set it back down and noticed that it had gone all the way down!!

"It went all the way down!"
"huh, uh!"
"Yes! It did!!"
"huh, uhhh!! . . . Praise God!!"

It's so easy to think that we need a man for certain things (and I mean no disrespect at all) and forget that we have an amazing God, who can do anything, and who is always there. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment