Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In His Presence

I love this song, "I Just Want To Be Where You Are", though I haven't heard it in a really long time. I just found it this morning as I was looking at some worship music. It reminded me of a verse we looked at in Sunday School not too long ago. I can't remember exactly what verse it was that we were looking at (lol, I know...) . . . one of the verses in Psalms about David desiring to be in the temple, I think. :0)

Anyway, as we were talking about it, it just hit me . . . . what was the significance of the temple to the Israelites? - That was where God dwelt! They had to go to the temple to be with God! As I thought on this I was overwhelmed with gratefulness at the difference between the Old and New Testament. No longer do we have to go somewhere to be with God! Now, He lives inside of us!! Now, we can be in His presence wherever we are! :0) Praise God!!




"One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple." Psalm 27:4

"My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. . . . For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness." Psalm 84:2, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment