Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rees Howells Intercessor

I was going to post this blog on the 14th, but before I did, Eric Ludy's sermon from the 11th was posted and I had to listen to it. :0) It was basically about chapter 5 of this book. (?? Coincidence?? I . don't . think . so!) It was really good! (as always) . . . And I decided to think some more about what I'd written.


July 14th ~
I finished this book last night. I emphasize finish because I have started it a number of times. I guess we read it through as a family, but there was so much that I didn't remember.

God's timing is always perfect and this was the perfect time for me to read this book. It was convicting, challenging, inspiring, but most of all, encouraging. It was encouraging to read about Rees Howells' surrender and the progression that the Holy Spirit took him through. As God would reveal an area of his life that needed to be surrendered, he would do it, but sometimes it would take a considerable amount of prayer in order to "get through". I was encouraged by the way the Spirit dealt with him, and with the idea that at any given moment I can be "completely" surrendered (until He shows me the next thing . . .).

I was also very encouraged by what appeared to be failures. There were times that it looked like his prayers had failed, or that he hadn't heard God correctly, but God would use the situation for a greater victory. Rees NEVER doubted!

"When God speaks to you, you can never doubt it. If what God has told you leads you into great trials, then you go back to God and turn the burden of it on Him. . . . I knew it wasn't a mistake, although the devil told me it was."


"God will not do a bit more through you than you have faith for."

No comments:

Post a Comment