Friday, July 30, 2010

I Reckon (pt 2)

It might be helpful to read my previous post I reckon.

I decided to look at the other places where the Greek work for "reckon" is used. One of the places I found was in Philippians 4:8, where it says "think on".
Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
I am to think on, reckon, or (if you read my previous post) ginosko things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, AND praiseworthy. I don't know about you, but I can't think of too many things that fit all the qualifications of this verse.

I enjoy looking at the expanded definitions of the Greek words that Zodhiates gives us, and from those definitions I picked out just a few words for each one . . .

What/who else could fit this qualification besides Jesus??
  • one who cannot lie
  • majestic, awe-inspiring
  • righteous
  • innocent
  • beloved, pleasing
  • well-spoken of, worthy of praise
  • moral excellence, perfection
  • praiseworthy
Only JESUS!

I am to think on, reckon, ginosko HIM!!

:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment