Sunday, July 25, 2010

No Breakfast . . . Forever??

On the way up to camp this last week, a song came on the radio that I haven't heard in a looooong time. The main point of the song is that they don't serve breakfast in hell. It got me thinking . . .

I don't think I've ever heard a sermon or teaching on the absence of food or drink in hell. But from what I can see in scripture, it seems like it could be true. I don't know about you, but forget about the burning, the absence of God, and the torture (which are all incredible serious things), going without food and being continually hungry - for ALL of eternity . . . . would be hell.

I am so grateful that God created food for us to enjoy. I am really looking forward to the marriage supper of the Lamb, and the tree of life seems pretty cool too . . .

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God . . . on either side of the river, the tree of life with it's twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Revelation 2:7, 22:2

God is so far beyond "good" to us . . .

:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment