Friday, May 28, 2010

Like An Apple Tree

I was in special need of some comfort this morning . . . so where did I turn? It might seem strange to you, but I turned to the book of Song of Solomon. There I find not my mighty, conquering King, but the Lover of my soul. There I find a love and a Lover that surpasses all else. There I find . . . an apple tree. :0)


As an apple tree among the trees of the forest,
so is my beloved among the young men.
With great delight I sat in his shadow,
and his fruit was sweet to my taste. (2:3)

I love this picture of my Prince as an apple tree. To sit, and dwell, in His shadow . . . to enjoy His sweet fruit. This reminds me of Psalm 91 - a favorite. And you know, God has a sense of humor. :0) I had forgotten about this verse, but just like the first time when I discovered it, I had just grabbed a very sweet apple when I sat down to read. :0)


PS - If you've never read Hudson Taylor's little book on the subject, "Union and Communion", I highly recommend it. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment