Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Desire And Fervency In Prayer

Someone let me borrow "Mighty Prevailing Prayer", by Wesley L. Duewel. WOW! God is calling me to a whole new level of death to self through it!

I didn't realize I had been protecting myself from desiring anything too much, from being fervent and passionate about the things that are in God's will. Either because I wasn't sure if the desire was in God's will, or because it didn't feel right to have such strong desires, or because I didn't want to feel the pain. Desire hurts. And honestly, I don't like hunger.

"As long as it makes little difference to us whether our prayer is answered or not, we will not prevail."

"Mighty answers to prayer can be costly, but they are worth all the cost. Learn to hunger if you would prevail."

He quotes E.M. Bounds:
"Prayers must be red hot. It is the fervent prayer that is effective . . . To be absorbed in God's will, to be so greatly in earnest about doing it that our whole being takes fire, is the qualifying condition of the man who would engage in effectual prayer."

Lord, teach me to pray!

PS ~ I still have 34 more chapters to go, so you just might hear from me again on this subject. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment