Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To Know You

I recently discovered "To Know You" by Casting Crowns. I really like it. I shared it with my Dad the other night, as I am considering singing it at church the next time it's my turn.



When the video was finished I mentioned to my Dad that this song is in the list of "top songs" - according to KLOVE, it's number seven!

"I'm not sure what that means."

I thought about it for a second and replied, "Me either." :0)

If this song is really a favorite song for that many Christians, wouldn't we have turned the world upside down by now?? It seems that there is a dis-connect somewhere. Dad and I talked about it for a while. He proposed that the "missing ingredient" is humility . . . . and I mentioned that maybe people didn't really understand what absolute surrender is. We both had books by Andrew Murray in mind. ;0)

So I'm curious . . . what do you think the missing ingredient is? How can we sing songs about giving up everything in order to know Jesus and go on living the way that we always have?

3 comments:

  1. I shared my thoughts at prayer meeting this morning, and one of the ladies said, maybe this is what people are wanting.

    She also shared that when she was seeking a deeper walk with the Lord, she realized that there were three things that could hinder it. Either:
    ~ There's something you aren't trusting Him with, maybe because you don't understand His love for you, even when things are hard.
    ~ You want your own way, or
    ~ You don't believe He can do it.

    I thought that was really good. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what your friend from the prayer meeting said. And I love the book Absolute Surrender and I have yet to read, Humility.

    I know that a lack of boldness and courage from the Holy Spirit can be a huge set-back. Fears of failure because you are trusting in your own ability rather than His. Fears of being miserable. Doubting whether He really is enough.

    BUT... He is more than capable of overcoming EVERY one of these set-backs! He's doing it in me... surely He can do it in anyone who is willing to be made willing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is working on me, but I tend to be a very black and white, cut and dry person. It is good to hear the perspective of others. I would love to see a revival sweep this nation . . . maybe this is a sign of God beginning this work. :0)

    ReplyDelete