Sunday, August 15, 2010

Too Heavenly Minded??

I've been thinking a lot lately about the fact that Jesus was called the Son of Man - or rather, that was His preferred title. (Son of Man meaning that He was demonstrating God's original intent for (hu)man.) It is interesting to read through the Gospels with this in mind - that He gave up his "God-ness" when He came to earth and relied solely on the Father the way you and I are supposed to. It is easy to fall into thinking that He did what He did because He was God, instead of realizing that He did what He did because He was a man filled with God - just like we can be! (Acts 2:22, Luke 3: 21-22, 4:1)

Anyway, I've been reading through the Gospels and falling more in love with the Son of Man. This morning I came across a verse which could very well be the key behind His being the Son of Man. John 7:34 says,

"You will seek Me and you will not find Me.
Where I am you cannot come."

Where I am?? But He's standing right there in front of them! :0) I think He is showing us a very important truth here. Jesus was "in Heaven" even though He was here on earth . . . And we can be too! Ephesians 2:4-8 teaches that we were raised up and seated with Him in the Heavenly places IN Christ.

I'm sure you've heard the comment before, "Don't be so heavenly minded that you're no earthly good." Is there really such a thing as being TOO heavenly minded?? I like this comment from a blog I googled...
Remember, what most people call religion isn’t even necessarily heavenly-minded at all. Who was the most heavenly-minded person to walk on the face of the earth? IT WAS JESUS!!!! Most of the religious leaders hated Jesus! As Christians, Jesus is our example, and the more heavenly-minded we become we will love others the way that Christ loves them and we will see more clearly how to relate the things of the Kingdom of God to those on earth. So the problem is never “being too heavenly-minded” but not being “heavenly-minded” enough!!!!!!!
May we claim our seat in heaven and live as our Savior did while He was on earth - in heaven. :0)




He's got room for all of us . . . ;0)


PS. - It has come to my attention that this picture makes no sense. (sigh) I picked it with "our seat in heaven" in mind . . . this seat is not just for a select few. It's for all of us. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment