Saturday, August 14, 2010

Are You Serious??

I try to refrain from ranting . . . just a courtesy to my (few) readers. ;0) But I have to mention of couple of things I've seen lately - two things in two days!


Day One:

I don't want to incriminate anyone, so this will be rather vague . . .


Juliana and I were somewhere, and a very old tape was playing. (older than me, if you can believe that! ;0) The first song was okay, but then another song started and it was talking about Sunday School . . .
She didn't teach us about satan cause we were too young to sin.
We're all of God's children no matter what shape we're in.
At that point Juliana and I were looking at each other going, you've got to be kidding!! Fortunately we were in the position to secretly change the tape to some old big band music. Much better. :0)

wow.


Day Two:

I saw this quote on Facebook:
On the value of doubts: "Doubts are the ants in the pants of faith. They keep it awake and moving." - Frederick Buechner
Someone responded by saying:
That's great! I was just contemplating doubt a few days ago.
Are you kidding me??? There's no value in doubt. Doubt kills faith. And that's why Jesus rebuked it whenever he saw it . . . "oh ye of little faith".

I couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one. I had Eric Ludy's sermon ringing in my ears, haha. So grateful for men of God who are willing to stand up and preach the truth. We'll see what happens . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment