Friday, April 9, 2010

Victory In Jesus

Easter was pretty amazing this year! :0) We attended the community sunrise service for our third year - it just keeps getting better every year! The subject for the sermon was kind of similar to my last blog . . . about the resurrection life that is available to us. Then we had our own church service, which was beautiful. It was the first Sunday for our interim Pastor. Every year we all bring flowers and make this beautiful cross. :0)

But at some point during the day my eyes were taken off of my beautiful Lord and the life that is available to us in Him, and focused on the many ways that I fall so incredibly short of what God wants me to be. It was rather discouraging. You know when there is only one area of your life that needs to change, it is easy (in our flesh) to think that with God's help, it can happen. Well, haha, there is much more than one area, so I was feeling quite overwhelmed and helpless to do anything. Then as I was reading from the book "They Found The Secret", I decided to skip ahead and read the authors testimony. It was just wanted I needed to hear!

Raymond Edman was at a very low point in his life and one day as he was outlining 2 Corinthians, he came across 2:14 ~ Now thanks be unto God which always leadeth us in triumph in Christ
"The words staggered me: always leadeth us in triumph in Christ. I read them over several times, slowly, thoughtfully, a word at a time. Then I turned to another translation. It read: "Wherever I go, thank God, he makes my life a constant pageant of triumph in Christ . . ." The contrast between this verse and my life was complete . . ."

I understood how he felt, but then I realized that this was a promise from God - VICTORY!! This is what I needed!! So I started praying, asking God to give me this victory . . . . . until He whispered to my heart that this victory was already mine - IN Christ! I realized that I couldn't have my focus on the areas that I fall short . . . I need to always have my eyes on Him. To be EN Him, resting in Him, in the shadow of the Almighty. What an amazing place to be! :0)

Before I went to bed I decided to take a closer look at this verse, and you know what I found? It pretty much means exactly what it says! ;0) I thought it was interesting that the word translated "thanks" is the word most often translated "grace". But "always" means "always, at all times", and "in Christ" means to be resting in Him. He literally causes us to triumph when we are resting in Him! Needless to say, my Easter ended on a very triumphant note. :0) All praise be to God!! He is SO good!!

Victory in Jesus, my Saviour for ever . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment