Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pleasures Forevermore

In continuing my study of Ephesians I finally reached verse 6 of chapter 2 yesterday . . . but I let me start with verse 4 . . .
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved - and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,


Back in chapter one we learn that Christ was seated at the right hand of God, and that everything and everyone is in subjection to Him,  that all is under His feet.

For years I've heard how I need to "reckon" myself dead to sin - that I was with Christ, in Christ, when He died on the cross. As I read verse 6 it suddenly hit me that I was in Christ, too, when He was raised back to life! So what would it mean for me to "reckon" myself raised to life, together with Christ and seated in Him, at the right hand of God?

Wow! What an amazing thought! The first thing that comes to mind is victory - a triumphant, victorious life. Not bothered by anyone or anything, not harrassed by the enemy, full of His love, joy, and peace . . . always. :0) If I am "en" Christ, then I have everything that He is . . . IN Christ I have everything I need for life and godliness. :0)

As I was thinking about all this yesterday, at one point, I was staring at my computer while my brother was working on it. Suddenly the verse on my background caught my eye . . .



You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

At His right hand?? Christ is at His right hand! And in Christ, I am at His right hand too!! No wonder there is fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore! :0)

So as you
celebrate the greatest demonstration of love this world has ever seen, and the most amazing act of victory over sin and death and satan, may you remember that you too, were raised to life together with Him and seated in the heavenlies. Hallelujah!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment