Saturday, February 27, 2010

Living En The Word

Yep, I finally broke down and started a second blog. :0)

My first blog was started after God healed me, and the main purpose was to show what an AMAZING God we have . . . how He desires so much for us to enjoy freedom in Him. Then after a while, I decided I wanted to add pictures from my life - family, friends, and even campers. But in order to do that, I had to make it private . . . which means that not very many people get to read it.

I've been thinking about my blog for a while now . . .
how it is such a mixture of everyday life, of ministry, of deep thoughts, of book reviews, and of my time in the Word. I have wondered for some time if I should split it into two blogs . . . I didn't really want two blogs to keep up. But as I was thinking and praying about it this morning it began to sound like a really good idea. Not only would this blog not need to be private, but with the focus on the WORD, I would have a place (other than facebook) to share the verse pictures that I've made.

So the purpose for this blog is for me to have a place to share the things I am learning in God's Word - I love to study the Bible! Hopefully it is also a place where you can be encouraged and blessed. :0)

PS ~ No, I didn't mis-spell "In" in the title of my blog. :0) The Greek word "En", translated many times as "in", has the idea of remaining in place, or resting. I chose the title with this idea of resting in mind, and Matthew 4:4 . . . ". . . Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment