Sunday, February 28, 2010

Faith vs Trust

(originally posted Feb. 3rd on my other blog....needed to "hear" it again today. :0)

I don't know why . . . . . I tend to look at these two words differently. But God opened my eyes to something last week as I was reading "How To Live The Victorious Christian Life" (for like the 5th time!). :0)

The dictionary says FAITH means: trust, belief; belief without proof . . . . and that TRUST means:confidence; firm belief; reliance . . .

So as you can see . . .
they are basically the same thing. :0)

Well, last week as I was reading and I came across this line, "A life of Victory is a life of Trust; and must be always full of Joy. Such a life glorifies Christ." Later it said, "If you struggle, you do not trust." I can't find the exact line now, but it was something to the effect of . . . if there isanything you don't trust God with, then you really don't have faith in Him. God was putting His finger on one particular thing, something I was afraid of, something I didn't trust Him with.

Don't laugh! ;0)

I surrendered my life to God completely, back in the 7th grade. It was a huge thing for me. But in the last couple years I have learned more and more about what it means to be completelysurrendered to God. Jesus only spoke the words that the Father wanted Him to speak . . . Heonly did the miracles that the Father wanted Him to do . . . He only went where the Father wanted Him to go. As I realized that this is how God wants me to live I also realized the possiblity that He could ask me to do or say something that would make me look really foolish. If you've read the Old Testament then you know that God asked some of the Prophets to do somereally strange things!! (like run around without clothes!?!) . . . . Lord?? . . . . it's okay if you're laughing. I am too. ;0)

As I prayed about this fear I found that the answer was in realizing how much He loves me. He whispered to my heart that I had nothing to be afraid of, and that He loved me. Oh Abba! Teach me to KNOW Your love!! For as it says, "Perfect love casts out fear" . . .

Then I found this quote on a blog, by Kelli Overturf . . .

"If we can't trust Him, we don't have faith in Him."

Thought that summed it up perfectly! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment